Thursday 16 July 2009

hello blogland


Sorry to be away so long and so much over the past few weeks .... i have been popping in to read your comments , thanks ladies your all stars x x x
I really do enjoy blogging , catching up with what you have been up to . It also makes me see i am not the only one tearing round like a blue a***d fly !
I will be sooooooooooooooooo glad when the school year ends as it is a very emotional one for us as my 2 boys head off to high school . I am dreading the tears next week as their teachers have taught them both 4 times in their school life so far , so as you can imagine we know them well !!


So to mark the wonderful job teachers do i have made these not that easy when your full of hayfever which has now turned into a "summer cold" just in time for last nights shopping evening which went brilliantly and this Saturdays village fete ( lots of sewing for me before then me thinks )


oh and to show you i do more than sew yes i know its hard to believe .
This is the first cauliflower i have ever ever grown , isn't it a beauty some critter tried to grab it the other night but didn't manage it just got away with a few leaves so now we are on day 3 of cauli watch !!!!!

I am also growing onions too another first for me so any advice on growing onions would be grand ?

Sara x

forgot to say the thank you picture wall hangy things will be available from my folksy shop tonight and can be sent out first class post to arrive in time !!



5 comments:

Kate said...

What lovely presents! No wonder you've been rushing around :)

Thedarkerside73 said...

Gosh you have been busy! Love the door hangys they are so pretty. Thinking of making one with Lala for her teacher.

School finishes next friday and I cant wait. We all need the break I think.

Good luck with your fete Saturday.


MBBx

Anonymous said...

Hi Sara,

i can't help you on the onions I'm afraid, but well done on the cauli!

Those thankyou presents are great, my daughter starts school this sept!

Hope you are feeling better soon :-)

Rose XXX

arkonite_babe said...

Onions are dead easy to grow, buy onion sets to start with, much easier than starting with seeds. The sets get pushed into the ground root end down and that's it. Just water and watch them grow. Harvest in autumn.

More help here:
http://www.gardenersworld.com/plantSearch.do?searchType=site&plantSearch=onions&x=0&y=0

Hope this helps!

Jackie said...

That cauliflower is very desirable. If I lived nearer you might have to guard it from me in the night.