Saturday, 20 March 2010

making a start



This week has been about getting orders for people finished and posted out
which at this time of the year is a bit of hard work as Valentines then Mother's day
and next Easter are all so close together !
Most shops also like to get their stock in nice and early
so people can get their treats in time !
My little business is starting to move up a gear which is fab
but also very hard work too .
I am trying not to let my blogging suffer but sadly
it has .
I would update more but i think you would all get bored with me rambling about anothers day sewing .
So i thought Saturday night was a good night to tell you a bit
about what else i have done this week ... so apart from sew some of these


and a few of these


i have made a start on some jobs around the house and garden ...
the new veg bed has been dug over ,
our awful conifers are no more and it makes the house look much bigger !

I have shopped for some lovely new plants and a pretty hanging basket filled with violas !

My darling hubs to be have been making a big effort to
spend a litle more child free time together which is lovely .
This week we managed a little shopping which is so different when there are just two of us .

We have also been looking at shops but the one we like is just needing more work than we can
afford but we are still looking for that right place !

I have also popped out for coffee which turned into
over 3 hours of giggly girly coffee drinking which was fab :)

The kitchen is coming along slowly and we have made a start on the rest of the house which is looking a little less chic and a lot more shabby ;)

Well before you all drift off i shall leave you with the promise of a return soon x x x

oh forgot to add you can find me here too and there is a little comp to




10 comments:

LoloDesigns said...

Things are going well for you, and so they should, you make some lovely things. Went to look at a little shop near me, £7000 a year, not sure i am brave enough though!

Hope you find a little shop of your own soon. xx

claire said...

hi
really pleased things are going well for you. I shall be making a little announcement of my own this week...but I knbow what you mean about the shop committment...its a biggie financially even when you know everything else is right xxxxx

saraeden said...

LoloDesigns and Clare .. sadly the shop needs over £2000 to make it right for me ! Then there is the deposit and fittings etc so its a bit too much of a risk at the mo but have my eye on somewhere else !

Sara x x

p.s. Clare ... looking forward to hearing your news :)

claire said...

ooh MaryP has just told me I was number 175 on your fb fan page!!!
xxx

melanie said...

You have been busy! I love your sewing creations, so cute. xxx

A Thrifty Mrs said...

Really pleased things are going well. You seem so busy.

Pastor Ton said...

Great Blog...

http://www.radicaldeverdade.blogspot.com/

I have a Brazilian cristhian Blog...

Ton

sanjeet said...

Hope you find a little shop of your own soon.
data entry india

alison said...

Hi from a fellow Derbyshire Crafter (LoveHector)

I follow you on Facebook and love your work so thought I'd add your blog to my ever growing list!

Loving the Easter pieces.

Alison

Mike said...

Your blog has been recommended to us as a interviewee's favorite blog!

We would like to do an interview with you about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

Mike Thomas